fredag 5 november 2010

singing in the rain

I just realized that I'm in England. The rain is pouring down and when I got back to Tripos I was soaking wet. But, like I always used to say, "We love England even if it's raining". I think I will add “...but we love it even more if the sun is shining" to my motto. Though, I can only remember that it has been raining this much three or four times since we came here, impressive, I mean, it’s England, the homeland of rain!
Today is the fifth of November, which means there will be fireworks and a bonfire and things going on. Not sure if we’re going to see the fire, depends on the weather, so, probably not. Anyway, it’s finally weekend and the plans so far is the cinema one evening. Maybe tonight?

Jag insåg precis att jag är i England. Regnet öser ner och när jag kom tillbaka till Tripos var jag dyngsur. Men, som jag alltid brukade säga, ”We love England even if it’s raining”. Tror jag ska lägga till ”…but we love it even more if the sun is shining” till mitt motto. Fast jag kan bara komma ihåg att det har regnar så här mycket tre eller fyra gånger sen jag kom hit, imponerande, jag menar, det är England vi pratar om, regnets hemland!
Idag är det den femte november vilket innebär att det kommer vara fyrverkerier, brasa och annat som händer här. Vet inte om vi ska gå och se det hela än, beror på vädret så troligen inte. Det är i alla fall helg och planerna än så länge är bio någon kväll. Kanske ikväll?

1 kommentar:

  1. Guy Fawkes Night[2] a yearly celebration held on the evening of 5 November to mark the failure of the Gunpowder Plot of 5 November 1605, in which a number of Catholic conspirators, including Guy Fawkes, attempted to destroy the House of Lords in London.

    SvaraRadera